24 First Ave. St. Thomas, ON N5R 4M5 CA
Why First Student?
First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America.
With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record,
First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.
* Consistent full-time, year-round work
* Excellent benefits package with full medical and dental, RRSP program
* Paid holidays and vacation
* Ongoing company training
* Opportunities for career advancement
* A great work environment
* Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
* Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
* Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
* Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
* Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
* Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
* Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
* Adhere to First Student's standards, policies and procedures.
* Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
* Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
• 310T Mechanic
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
• Advanced problem-solving ability.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work assigned shift.